Friday, April 24, 2009

SLEEP and Boogers!

2:13 AM
My left nostral is clogged and my right is runny. So I get up and spray in some saline solution-- in both --mind you-- just cuz I can. I lay back down on my back so all the mucus can roll back and upclog my nose!

2:28 AM
Now on my right side, rolling over to grab a tissue and look at the time. Now my left nostral is runny and my right to clogged!! So frustrating, but I just try to tough it out and get back to my uncomfortable sleep.

2:35 AM
Sitting up to blow nose

2:57 AM
I am woken up by a water spilling noise. I always have to have water by my bed before I go to sleep and Phil will occasionally walk over on his way back from the bathroom to grab a sip. Well, this always happens in the dark and I guess the cup wasn't in the normal spot so he missed, and spilled it on the pillow that was on the floor. No big deal we just left it and went back to sleep.

2:58 AM
I am trying to get comfortable again... not working. I lay there for a minute hoping that we are finally out of the 2 'O' clock hour... I just so happens to be...

3:00 AM

3:15 AM
After tossing and turning for 15 minutes I decided-- I am going to lay down somewhere else. I get my two pillows that I must sleep with (one for my head, the other for between my legs). Then I start digging around in the linen closet for a blanket, but I had to open the door across the hall from our room to turn on the light to see.. I didn't want to turn on the hall light and wake Phil up cuz our doors were wide open! So when I opened the other bedroom door, it felt so nice and cool in there. So I went to lay down on the lower bunk bed.. instead of the couch were I originally wanted to go. After laying down for 5.2 seconds I decided this wasn't a good idea. So I hauled my pillows and blanket out to the family room to lay down on the couch!

Who knows what time it was by now, all I knew was that it was a long night!

Tossing and turning on the couch.. sleep not working!

Try the bed again

No luck, then I start thinking about Stetson and hopefully he is still breathing.. because I know that he's got booger problems too. I layed there thinking about him (and about the eventful night that I could blog about.. it just gets better stick with me)

Finally I get up AGAIN and this time I don't take any pillows with me but I do quietly close both doors to our room

I go in Stetson's room, look at my precious baby and see that his chest is still moving up and down... hooray! Luck for me there is a recliner and blanket in his room along with a vaporizor.. vaporizing! I think that helped my nose a little bit because I sacked out right there on the recliner.. Hall le lu jah!

But it's not over yet.... So I am guessing at about 5 AM Stetson wake up crying. After I get the strength to wake up I get him and fall asleep feeding him. Once he is done I wake up and wondered if Phil has left for the Gym yet... he was supposed to get up at 5:35.

I put Stetson back in bed and went back to my bed (I'm really sorry if this is boring you, but some sort of punch line is coming, I promise) It's 5:33 and I think I woke Phil up cuz next thing I know he is getting dressed and I am already laying in bed. I was half asleep, but I asked him if he could get some "Mucinex" for me on his way home from the gym. He said, "Sure, you might need to remind me though"
I turned to lay on my belly.. not knowing he was leaning down to kiss me good-bye, I propped my head up to re-iterate what medicine i wanted, as I did so I bopped him in the mouth and made his lip bleed. Therefore, the word "muci.." was cut short. "sorry!" I said as he silently kissed me and left.

7:20 AM

He gets home and wakes me up... first thing I ask him is, "did you get it?"
"Yeah, but are you sure your not pregnant? Are you feeling ok?"
"Yes, it just my nose" I said
"Well, what is 'Metamucil' going to do for you then?"

"What? You got Metamucil? I don't have Diarrhea!
I was mad.. but I was half asleep when i asked for Mucinex I can see where is may sound like Metamucil.

Anyway.. that's my story!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA - oh my gosh Cami, you are hilarious! Hopefully tonight will go better!!

Crockett said...

That really was quite the story. I've had nights similar to yours...but that sounded like along one. Hope your doing better now.

Corynn said...

So not fun! I hate not getting good sleep. I hope you are surviving.

Jasmine said...

Cami. you are hilarious! but you're not pregnant are you?! Stetson is adorable! I can't wait to see you guys in MAY!!

Julie said...

When I said post more on you blog I didn't mean we needed a play by play of your bodily icky functions. But I am sorry that it sucked that bad! :) Love ya!!

Jess Mangum said...

that is the funniest thing i have read in a while!! haha! poor phil and POOR YOU! I hate sleepless nights!

dntbaker said...

that was pretty funny..thanks for sharing your awesome story!

Followers