I just wanted to put the "Motherhood" Video on here so that anyone who is feeling down about their job as a mother can watch it and gain strength from it. It's definitely not easy being a mom. It is HARD work that takes a lot of endurance.
We put on a movie tonight that I had never seen. An oldie, "The Great Out Doors" with John Candy and Dan Akroyd. About half way through, Stetson started getting cranky, and it was past his bedtime anyway. So I took him to his room and got him all ready for bed and then he wanted a drink, so we went downstairs. Then finally he was ready to lay down and go to bed. Now, I could be irritated that I didn't get to see a good 30 minutes of this movie, but I figured that's what comes with being a mom. I was thinking about it and seriously what Mom out there can actually sit through a whole movie (at home) without attending to their little children. Not just with movies, but everything! BUT you know I would rather spend my time with my Precious Little ones instead of meaningless pleasures anytime. They are only young so long and I don't want to miss out on this time at all. I know I get SUPER busy sometimes and think that other things are more important than my kids, but there really isn't. I think that as long as they know that I LOVE them and that I will get to them as soon as possible, that is all they need to know. LOVE is the most powerful teaching tool because it coordinates with CHARITY. If we can just teach our kids to LOVE and to be LOVED the world would be a better place.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes, this video came at the perfect time and brought tears to my eyes. Its so easy to get wrapped up in the junk of life - its a nice reminder that the most important thing that I HAVE to do is take care of my kids. Everything else can wait. Such a good clip.
I couldn't agree more, Cami! It's always a good reminder to remember what is really important and what our focus should be on. Hope your family is doing well :)
I just want to say thank you for posting this video. I needed to hear this message because I have been feeling a little frustrated lately. I know the job of a mother is the most important but it doesn't hurt to be reminded every once in a while. So thanks for making me cry!
Great thoughts and a good reminder, thanks Cami!
Post a Comment