Monday, October 11, 2010

Look what I did TODAY!!

We got this OVERly painted and stickered up little 3-Drawer Dresser in the desert near our house where people like to dump their junk. So we picked it up, of course! We always find great things in the desert, thanks to my ambitious hubby!

SO... first there was a lot of Sanding and peeling of paint involved. (Thank to my Mother-in-Law for doing most of the work beforehand!)

BEFORE: (eww... UGLY!)


AFTER: (YAY.... Cute!)

I want to add hardware still, the drawers aren't the easiest to open. I am debating on getting little knobs or just a handle for the middle.

I have just discovered Mod Podge recently. I know I am a little slow. My first project ever was the Temple Blocks that I made with the Young Women. So I have been super excited about it cuz it's SO Totally COOL! SO Ij ust "scraped" together scrap book paper that I don't use because I NEVER scrapbook! I learned something though.... after I was just about done. You have to left the mod podge DRY after you glue the paper on before you do the "Sealing" coat. Also, does anyone know out there which Mod Podge is best to use on a project like this? On the Bottom drawer I used the Glossy kind but it didn't say it was for paper, therefore, didn't say it was acid free. So I decided to use the Matte kind that I just happened to have on hand, I bought it randomly one day when I knew nothing about Mod Podge, and on the bottle it said it was for paper and acid free. I sealed it with that too and I ended up sealing it again with the glossy cuz I didn't like it as well. Suggestions anyone? Enlighten me please!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I used to find stuff in that patch of desert too! Your dresser is adorable! So are the temple blocks.

Followers