Well, here's the story! So a week ago from today, which was last Tuesday, Phil was SO Sick. We had gone to the Urgent Care to find out what was wrong with him on that Monday. They diagnosed him as having an Ear Infection, Flu, AND Strep Throat! Yikes! So it was about 8:15pm on tuesday night (I was headed to the store to return a movie) when Phil got a call from the Stake Exec. Secretary asking if he and his wife could meet with the Stake President in 15 minutes. Phil had to wake up from his "death bed" as the Stake President put it, to even answer his phone. Phil asked if we could meet him at 9pm instead so that he could take a shower. So right after that Phil tries calling me 3 times in a row to get a hold of me, but of course I was on the phone with my sister. Odd, why would he call me when he was supposed to be relaxing? So finally he gets me on the phone...."Stake pres wants to see us, come home now!"
What the heck would the Stake Pres. want to see us for?! I had just finished telling my sister on the phone that our Bishopric was being changed around... could it really involve us? My nerves were flowing now, I had to get home fast! On the way, I called our wonderful ward Grandparents... the Webbs to come and sit at the house while we go because Stetson was already in bed and I was trying to get him back on the good schedule ... blah de blah.. etc.
So we finally get there and President Gibson takes us into the room with the HUGE long table, while we were supposed to be waiting for President Walton to come and extend the call, but his Temple Interview went too long. Anyway, so Pres Gibson proceeds to interrogate us, I was answering many of the questions because it hurt Phil's throat to talk. After about 15 minutes, he finally tells us why he has called us so urgently to meet with him...
"The call is 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric"
Phil will not turn down a calling (which I look up to him for) I could see he was surprised and instantly started to wonder who in the heck would want ME as their counselor.... one person came to mind. David Bennett. He ended up being the one and we could not be happier! David is only 28, Phil is 25 and the 1st counselor we found out is brother WEBB-- our friendly grandpa babysitter! Who is 66 years old. (I hope I don't get in trouble for disclosing that.) I think they will make a great team! Plus, we discovered on Sunday when we found out who was called that all 3 of them speak Spanish and our ward happens to be combined with the Spanish Branch in a lot of things...coincidence... I think not!
I am excited for Phil to have this calling so that we can better our lives and our habbits. This will help us to teach our children better in the gospel and live righteously! I am very happy that Phil is living in such a way to have recieved the call, despite popular belief.
Happy 1st Father's Day Phil... You're the new 2nd Counselor. What a great gift!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow. I would be so stressed. You are so brave! Hang in there!
I bet he was so shocked! He will do so good in there. He has a big heart and that is what this ward needs. We are so excited for him and the others!
I love the story! Too bad he was soo sick! He will do great :) And it doesn't hurt that he has you beside him to encourage him! The new pic of Stetson on your blog is stinkin cute! He is such a little man!
Wow! I can't imagine! That's exciting though. Your baby boy is adorable by the way. How old is he now?
Post a Comment