Friday, July 31, 2009

STAPLES anyone?


GROSS! I know. I just thought that this would get the point accross!
9 Staples



So Phil had a little accident when we went to go visit a friend in Tucson 2 weeks ago. We took RJ, Malea and Tyler with us (our niece and nephews) and went swimming! All the kids and Phil were jumping into the pool left and right. Tyler had just jumped in and immediatly turned around to hold onto the wall just as Phil was about to dive off into the deepend. But feeling Tyler's little fingers being squashed under his feet he reacted quickly to avoid putting ALL of the pressure of his jump off of the cement, he repositioned his weight to jump the other way which was the "not so deep" end. Therefore, his head hit the bottom and the weight of his fall and body went fell on his neck... THEREFORE, crushing his 6th cervical vertebrae. It's was the Doctor call's a "Compression Fracture" Doc said that he is very "lucky" that it did not break near the spinal cord or else he could have been paralized! But we know that Heavenly Father wanted to keep him in good physical health and BLESSED us greatly!



As you can see he is capable to do things just not much until the bone heals. Believe it or this was pretty much the best picture, I was try to get Stetson to smile





We went up to my Grandmas in Flagstaff for the week to cool off and why not? We would just be sitting at home anyway! That picture was taken at a park near the library where my Gma works. Yes my Gma is cool and a librarian!


We left for home on Thursday and about half-way home I realized that I left Phil's pain meds at Grandmas!! So I called her and she got them off in the mail pronto. We got them today right at our doorstep... just a day later!


We stopped by the Banner Thunderbird Hospital on the way home to meet our new little cousin, Drew

He is a cutie! I wasn't smart enough to take a picture while we were there, but this one was sent to me via cellphone just after birth!

On our way to the there we decided to take a tour of the Nursing Home located just behind the hospital. I was driving and hospitals confuse me very much, I did not know where I was going! We actually went inside the Nursing Home and to the 2nd floor before we realized that we were in the wrong place with all of the old people hanging around in their wheel chairs!

Today, Phil got a call saying that the other leader that was supposed to go on the campout with the scouts this weekend got held up at work. (Reason being, there was a lock-down at the prision where he works because one of the inmates had a weapon!) So they call the guy with the broken neck to come! I just hope he comes back the same way he left and not worse!!!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm glad it wasn't worse! Boys...:)

So, we totally thought we saw Phil on the 347 today...driving a DPS car (I see now that was totally not likely) but we really thought it as him and I waved w/o thinking and then it WASN'T him and the office was worried we were trying to flag him down...whoops! I won't be waving at officer's anymore! :)

dntbaker said...

oh my goodness! seriously, that is scary. Heavenly Father really did bless you that it wasn't worst. Devin had 8 staples put in his head about a year after we were married.. that was scary, but i tell you from experience you can hardly even see the scar.

Brooke Colvin said...

Yikes - those are some serious staples! You told me that he broke his vertebrae, but I had not idea he split his head open too. Poor guy. I'm glad you got to go up to Flagstaff and at least get out of the heat while he was recovering.

Corynn said...

Oh my goodness! You have been busy! I am glad Phil is okay. That is CRAZY!!! Enjoy the time home with him!

Julie said...

That is so sick!! I am so glad that everything worked out the way it did. Phil is right - a miracle all around.

Russell, Tiffany, Emily, Colby, Logan, and Charlotte said...

Holy Cow!! Tell Phil to be more careful! We are glad that it wasn't worse and that he is not paralyzed. Get feeling better and we are glad to see that all is well other than that.

shaunandtrena said...

Glad you're ok Phil...a little extra brain damage, but we still love ya! ;)We miss you all!

Followers