Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

My visiting teacher writes down a list on the 1st Thursday of every month of things she is Thankful for. I thought that was such a great idea! She used to post her list, but now since it is kind of personal, she is putting on quotes about gratitude. Which is also a great a idea!

So here are of 2 of my favorites that she posted
:

"Let me recommend that periodically you and I offer a prayer in which we only give thanks and express gratitude. Ask for nothing; simply let our souls rejoice and strive to communicate appreciation with all the energy of our hearts."
David A. Bednar, “Pray Always,” Ensign, Nov 2008, 41–44

"That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."
Alma 34:38

I will just give a sample of my "Thankful" List... because it's fun!

I am thankful for:

My Smart Husband
Ultrasound Technology
My Sweet baby
-his adorable laugh makes me happy
-his cry makes me sad
Ice cream
Neosporin
Humidifiers
GOOD music (uplifting, inspirational, and fun to sing to)
Comfy clothes
Tooth care accessories
Gifts given to me that I continue to use daily
COOL weather
Windows
Fans
Pillows
Sales w/coupons
pool table- it brings the family together
NAP TIME!
Energy
Electricity
Happy Smiles
Laughing
the Gospel
My Scriptures
Prayer
the Young Women in my ward
My journal
Candy
Good and juicy fruit

Well, that was pretty much my whole list! Now you really get the idea! I hope this inspires you too, as it did me.

2 comments:

Brooke Colvin said...

Thank you for sharing your list Cami! It is fun, isn't it? I love Thankful Thursdays!

Annette said...

I just spent the afternnon having a blast looking at your blog. You are amazing and I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing so well. I actually got pulled over by your FIL a few months back and got out of a ticket because I got him talking about his cute grandson he was so proud of!!

I am sure you are the best YW Pres and are so fun with the girls-I bet they love you to pieces!

Followers