Finally, we made it back to camp to make ourselves some chilli. (I think it was chilli? Bad memory.) The story gets exciting later I promise. So as it was getting darker, we built a fire, and the boys liked walking up and down the bottom portion of the hill we camped by. Once it got too dark we all sat around the fire for a little bit reading books with our sweet headband flashlight. It was finally time for bed. Everyone went to sleep pretty easily, of course me the mommy, was last in bed. (Poor me right?) I had to feed the baby, then go out of the tent to get ready for bed- brush teeth, take contacts out etc.... So finally I make it to bed, I think it was really only about 8PM when everyone settled into bed. We were sleeping GOOD- then something happened that turned our whole night upside down.
10PM- Flashlight shines on the tent door. "HEY, You guys need to get out of here!"
Phil wakes up and get out of the tent to talk to this guy. It was the park ranger. He continues, "You guys need to pack up and be out of here in TEN minutes. You didn't reserve this spot, you have to leave."
Phil kindly says, "Ok, I am so sorry, it might take us longer than that though, I have 3 young kids in here."
"Oh, you have kids?"
Phil- "Yes, I apologize, I have stayed here before and didn't know we had to reserve the spot or anything."
I guess Phil sweet talked him enough that we didn't have to leave! But just after he left, Karston (the baby) woke up. I nursed him some more then tried putting him back in bed. Mind you, this is FEB- it is COLD at night, and this baby was not staying "tucked in" So eventually I just put him in bed with me, nursing pretty much all night-which never happens at home.
Stetson woke up, I am guessing about 1 or 2AM-- He peed his bed (cot)-- this again never happens at home. he ends up sleeping with Phil this rest of the night, after getting new clothes on of course.
Preston did actually really good that night, but he kept scooting out from under his blankets (he was just on the ground stacked with sleeping bags for a bed) and Bo kept edging more ONTO his bed. By morning Preston was only on the very edge and BO was completely on. I tried to keep blankets on Preston, but I guess he didn't like them. He was in a full sweat suit, but his hands and feet were freezing in the morning.
ARISE and SHINE! It was finally time to go home! We cleaned up camp- it took 45min- that would not have been fun to pack up and leave in the dark.
In the truck riding home, I was checking my voicemail-- I forgot I said I would help clean the church! So we all went to help clean the church for about an hour--THEN finally crashed at home!
See pictures below:
| Gotta to always find something to jump off of! |
| The Best and Worst picture we got of Bo |
| Play Pen= back of truck |
|
|
| Phil playing catch with the Ramada |
| Preparing for our hike |
| Pretty Pretty--yikes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment