Phil cannot help himself when it rains and there is mud just across the street with our truck perfectly capable of driving thru it. So he does! And quite often, I'd say just about every time he gets stuck.

At least this time, it wasn't 11 O'clock at night with his pregnant wife in the car. Yes, this event did happen, not long before these pictures were taken. He was wearing gym shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. I was wearing PJ's and flip flops because we were just supposed to be washing off all the mud on his truck from the previous time he went mudding. It was down pouring at about 10:30pm when we left. Our street gets puddles easily, so we were just going to drive thru them a little bit. He got the truck nice and clean, but it didn't last long. I made the mistake of asking him to see if there were any puddles on the other street. He saw the mud and it DREW him in! Next thing I know, we are stuck in sludge with my side closest to the ground. Danny, my father-in-law, came out with his truck and Phil's friend/neighbor Nick to pull us out. Well, we were SO STUCK and DEEP in that sludge of mud, that his truck couldn't pull us out. So, now were we not only stuck, but I had to get out and walk in this mud to the other truck to take me home. I took my flip flops off mind you, so I was now bare foot in mud. At this point, it is still raining.
So we make it to the truck, Danny starts heading toward home. Everything is fine, I am going to be getting home soon, get cleaned up and warm... right? NO, on the last turn to get back on the main drag to our house, Danny turns right into a ditch full of water and more mud. It was hard to see if there was ground under the water because it was dark for 1 and 2 there was SO MUCH WATER!
Stuck again, me and Danny sat there while Phil and Nick ran back to the house, probably just a half mile away, to get a car to bring us home. Meanwhile, Nick had to put a part back in his truck to get it running so he could pull Danny out. Then they went back and pulled Phil's truck out from behind. Phil didn't get home that night til about 1AM. Sorry for the long story. I wasn't too mad about the whole thing, it was just funny so I thought I would share!
Stetson likes to drive Papa's big truck!
(Which is Phil's truck now, him and Danny traded, Phil is in heaven!)

At least this time, it wasn't 11 O'clock at night with his pregnant wife in the car. Yes, this event did happen, not long before these pictures were taken. He was wearing gym shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. I was wearing PJ's and flip flops because we were just supposed to be washing off all the mud on his truck from the previous time he went mudding. It was down pouring at about 10:30pm when we left. Our street gets puddles easily, so we were just going to drive thru them a little bit. He got the truck nice and clean, but it didn't last long. I made the mistake of asking him to see if there were any puddles on the other street. He saw the mud and it DREW him in! Next thing I know, we are stuck in sludge with my side closest to the ground. Danny, my father-in-law, came out with his truck and Phil's friend/neighbor Nick to pull us out. Well, we were SO STUCK and DEEP in that sludge of mud, that his truck couldn't pull us out. So, now were we not only stuck, but I had to get out and walk in this mud to the other truck to take me home. I took my flip flops off mind you, so I was now bare foot in mud. At this point, it is still raining.
So we make it to the truck, Danny starts heading toward home. Everything is fine, I am going to be getting home soon, get cleaned up and warm... right? NO, on the last turn to get back on the main drag to our house, Danny turns right into a ditch full of water and more mud. It was hard to see if there was ground under the water because it was dark for 1 and 2 there was SO MUCH WATER!
Stuck again, me and Danny sat there while Phil and Nick ran back to the house, probably just a half mile away, to get a car to bring us home. Meanwhile, Nick had to put a part back in his truck to get it running so he could pull Danny out. Then they went back and pulled Phil's truck out from behind. Phil didn't get home that night til about 1AM. Sorry for the long story. I wasn't too mad about the whole thing, it was just funny so I thought I would share!
Stetson likes to drive Papa's big truck!

(Which is Phil's truck now, him and Danny traded, Phil is in heaven!)

No comments:
Post a Comment